Wednesday 19 September 2012

Opportunity Knocks!




September is well under way and I'm far from my hometown in California, but my journey abroad has begun. For many, this would not be a thrilling journey, but for me it is an amazing opportunity and I'm taking full advantage of the few months I (we) will be living here.  The town, where we have rented a flat, is not far from London by train, and that holds lots of opportunities to explore.

Not even a full week, but I'm still feeling terribly excited and enthralled with living in England. It is early morning and more sunshine has arrived and the various shades of green, coloring the surrounding trees, fields and hills infuse me with energy.   Another kind of energy also infuses me this morning, that being the chemical kind, known as caffeine. With the french coffee press in use, I've stepped into the land of blog.
What has brought me to England, well nothing glamorous, but something very fortuitous: business.  A great little company, that my husband works for, has brought him here on a project and I've come along.  A simple tale, but it will be told (from the point of view of a Spanish-speaking Latina and former barrio girl from the sticks).




No comments:

Post a Comment